We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With this trick to multiply with your hands are the tables of 6, 7, 8 and 9, your children will learn more complex multiplications faster. We know the goal is to learn the multiplication tables by heart, but these math tricks can make this subject more fun.
Children too they can learn math by playingor. This trick is one such example. Pay attention and teach your children to multiply by 6, 7, 8 and 9 using only their hands.
1. The first thing you should do is number the fingers from 6 to 10. The thumbs will be number 6, the index fingers, 7, the heart, the 8, the ring fingers the 9 and the pinkies the 10.
2. To understand this trick, it is best to use examples. We start with this one: 7x8. Put the palms of your hands facing you. The first thing you should do is join finger number 7 of the left hand with finger 8 of the right hand. In this way, some fingers are left above the fingers that you put together and others are below the fingers that you put together.
3. You are going to add the fingers that you put together and those that were on top, but each finger is worth 10. So you have a total of 50.
4. And what do we do with the fingers that were left below? Multiply them! Since there were three fingers on one side and two on the other, it multiplies 3x2 and gives us 6.
5. So the result from before (50) plus this other (6) gives us 56.
6. Let's take another example: 9x7. By joining finger 9 of the left hand with finger 7 of the right, we add these fingers and those that are on top and it gives us 60.
7. Since below we have three fingers on one side and one on the other, we multiply it and give 3. The total result is ... 63!
8. One last example: 8x8. We join the two fingers number 8 of each hand. We count by ten those fingers and those that are on top. They give us 60.
9. Now we multiply the ones below: 2x2, and it gives us 4. So the final result is 64.
Remember that with this trick you can calculate the multiplications of the tables of 6,7,8 and 9 provided they are multiplied by numbers equal to or greater than 6.
You can read more articles similar to Trick to multiply with your hands with the tables of 6,7,8 and 9, in the On-site Learning category.