We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
On March 22, World Water Day is celebrated, a celebration promoted from the UN and that, since 1993, it has tried to educate all countries to carry out activities related to the conservation and development of water resources.
71% of the earth's surface is covered by water, but only 2% is drinking water, which is why it is so important to work on the conservation and care of water, a basic good for human survival. It is clear that international organizations can take measures and carry out actions at a global level, however, each of us in our homes can do small actions that contribute to saving water and, therefore, to its conservation.
Parents can lead by example to our children, and teach them little tricks and ideas to avoid wasting water. It is essential that, to educate our children in caring for the environment, we are the first to apply these small actions. They are easy to do. You can do them at home without any effort and explain to the children why you do it. In fact, children can help you with some of them:
- Fill the dishwasher or washing machine before starting the program. This action alone saves almost 4000 liters of water per month.
- If you have air conditioning, do not drain to the street. You collect the water that the appliance expels, the children can help you water the plants with it.
- The action of bathing consumes twice as much water as a shower and if it is done in an agile way, you can save more than 4000 liters of water per month.
- However, if you have several children, a good measure may be to bathe them together.
- Close the water outlet in the shower while you lather, will help save water. In fact, personal hygiene is one of the actions that wastes the most water.
- When you turn on the shower water, do not waste it until the hot water arrives. Pick it up and use it for watering.
- It is not necessary to wash the children's glass every time they drink water, the same glass can be used for the whole day.
- If you have a fault in a pipe and it leaks, or your tap does not stop leaking, fix the leak urgently to avoid water loss.
- Teaching children to take care of their hygiene is basic, but it is also important to explain to them that they have to turn off the tap while brushing their teeth or while lathering their hands.
- If you have a cistern with a double flush system, teach the children to use the smallest or largest button depending on the moment.
- Explain to your children that the toilet is not a garbage can.
Alba Caraballo. Editor of our site
You can read more articles similar to How to teach children to save water, in the category of Environment on site.