Ticks are like little spiders that need to feed on blood to survive, that's why they are called hematophages. I say little spiders because ticks are like mites, a subclass of arachnids. Ticks can cling to a child's skin, and transmit disease to them.
Category First aid
Pamela Rauseo was driving her car down a Florida highway when she noticed that her 5-month-old nephew, who was traveling with her, stopped crying and started turning blue, he was cyanotic. Excessive mucus in the airways caused the baby he choked and stopped breathing but his aunt knew the technique of resuscitation or CPR and this saved his life.
Parents can and should learn how to treat minor injuries or how to react to an accident that may occur to their children. Courses that teach some techniques to prevent accidents that occur at home and during leisure time, and that at the same time solve the doubts that many parents have about first aid.
If a child is drowning and is not rescued quickly, they will end up asphyxiating. It cannot be forgotten that a child can drown in just two inches of water. That is why it is very important to watch him when he is near a pond, a bathroom, or even a bucket of water. The vigilance of the parents or the person who is caring for the child at that time is vital in this type of case.
Beware of home remedies to cure burns! These treatments, which are passed down from generation to generation, can be counterproductive as they sometimes dry out the skin or cause infections. We tell you what is myth and what is reality and what is the most appropriate way to heal burns.
That a child gets intoxicated is not a dish of good taste. Suffering poisoning from ingesting a cleaning product, a spoiled food or contact with bacteria in children's gadgets can be very unpleasant for both the baby and the parents, before losing our nerves when one of our children has a problem of this type, we have to know what to do and how to behave to help him so that the health problem does not go further.
I will never forget the desperate cries of a child, which came from the pediatrician's office, while my daughter and I waited for our turn in the waiting room. His screams made us all stand on end. Poor thing, it seemed that he was being tortured ... When the boy left the office he already looked more relieved.
Children like to play, run around and touch everything, so it is normal for them to get wounds or burns mainly on the arms and legs. What should we do when our child is injured or burned by a heat source? It is very important to know a little first aid to clean and heal a wound well, to avoid infections and to know how to assess whether it is serious enough to call to emergencies.
Sometimes when our baby is nursing, he begins to cough, and we observe that he chokes. If that happens occasionally, in principle we should not worry. But there are times when it happens in each and every feeding, making them very distressing for the mother and baby.
Bumps and falls are part of children's daily lives, so much so that it is very common for them to have bruises on their legs of different sizes and shades. Can these bruises be treated? Is it possible to prevent them from coming out? How can they be cured? These are the most common questions asked by parents.
Bumps and bumps on the face are very common during childhood, especially in babies between one and two years old. They are still learning to control their body and maintain a good balance, so it is normal that when they fall they do not use their hands to stop the blow and the head is the organ that suffers the most.
Many parents when their babies are born are a bit lost when it comes to knowing what first aid and emergency supplies they need for their newborn, some families choose to buy a kit with all the necessary material, while others prefer to have their own products depending on the age and needs of your baby.
The most common poisons on the hands of children and babies are bleach, herbicides, and plants such as berries, lilies, daffodils, and mushrooms. Medicines and chemical products should be left in their original containers and always out of the reach of children. A child who has taken a poisonous substance may have burns around the mouth and it is common for him to feel nauseous and vomit or have diarrhea.
There is nothing that scares a parent more than the child might choke. There are many cases of choking in children and many of them with a happy ending. Choking in children is something that can be solved effectively by parents as long as it is done correctly. Here are some tips to prevent the child from choking, and the guidelines to follow when a child chokes.
Children are very prone to accidents during childhood. Falls, bumps and scratches are very common in their day to day, while playing, running or jumping. Therefore, it is very important that parents are prepared to help them in case of accidents.Guiainfantil.com has prepared a range of information on how to act when children choke, hit themselves, twist their ankle, or suffer some other accident, while awaiting medical guidance.
No matter how careful parents are, children fall, it is a fact. Their inexhaustible ability to explore, their curiosity and their lack of fear of danger make injuries due to falls very common in childhood, one of these common injuries in children is usually a sprain of the knee. doll.
If there is something most unpleasant, it is that moment in which for some reason the skin comes into contact with excessive heat and when burned, blisters appear on the skin.When this happens to one of our children, either due to a burn, or the rubbing of a shoe, due to some infection or other circumstance, it is necessary that we know what to do to heal the blisters and that the pain last for the shortest possible time.
We have to take special care with children and ticks, especially during vacations, field trips and contact with animals, although in most cases the consequences are mild, in children, they are more conducive to playing outdoors and approaching animals, bites can cause infections and cause serious problems, even causing paralysis of your body.
Babies have a habit of putting everything in their mouth, that is their way of feeling the world, so it is not uncommon for choking on coins or toys, even so, most cases are caused by choking on foods such as nuts or candies, and even with foods that make up the daily menu of babies, such as pieces of fruits or vegetables that have not been completely dissolved in the baby food.
If there is one thing that children like when they go to the movies or sit in front of the television to watch a movie, it is being able to hold a lot of popcorn in their hands. However, depending on the age of the child, it can be very dangerous. The story of little Mirranda, only 2 years old, serves as an alarm bell for all parents.
Do not you think that the first aid kit tends to chaos? The other day, after a long time, I cleaned the family medicine cabinet and found expired medications, remnants of medications from old treatments, syrups without a leaflet ... in short, an outdated, useless and messy medicine cabinet. Of course, we must not fall into self-medication, but we must have a really useful first-aid kit, especially suitable for young children.